Friday, January 14, 2011

Get Better At ANYTHING!

(You ABSOLUTELY can!)

I want to write about becoming more secure about one's self. I made a New Year's Resolution to blog 12 entries/month (which would ideally be spread out as 3 entries/week, but I gave myself some leeway). Three popular New Year's Resolutions include:

-Lose weight/Get in shape
-Stop smoking
-Enjoy life more (ugh, how ambiguous)

All the above mentioned things can be achieved, even if you feel like you are currently failing. If you are insecure about everything, you can become more secure in yourself/your abilities/your relationship. Although I am already falling behind, I can make my resolution. If you are super fat, you can get in shape; if you smoke a lot... well you get the point. If you hate your life, you can eventually enjoy it.

But, as people like to say (coming from someone wise, Confucius or someone):
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

They were actually lying. It begins with three. Simultaneously.
(Obviously, now, it can't be a literal journey with a literal step, because humans can't do three steps simultaneously. Try--see? You just can't.)

These three steps and subsequent secrets to happiness?
1. Patience
2. Practice
3. Positive thinking


And here I end my entry.





Suckers. I really am ending it, because I promised myself to blog 3 entries/week, and I'm already behind 2/3 of a week. So, I will explain the specificities of the Three Simultaneous Steps in subsequent entries, for those who need explanation. Until then, happy trails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment